Completing An Art History Dissertation: Useful Tips And Tricks
It is not always easy to transform several years of research carried out in the course of your doctoral program into a clear piece of work – a dissertation. Since it’s obvious that you already have a job or career, possibly a family to take care of and other related obligations, it is only natural that the journey would not be as smooth as you anticipated. However, there are certain tips and tricks that would help you to complete your art history paper without much stress and on time too. Listed below are some of the tips and tricks that you should try. They are:
- Never Assume: For what it is worth, don’t add yourself to the statistics of students who make this same mistake of always “assuming”. If for example, your supervisor tells you that your paper should be 200 pages long, make sure you confirm if it is double-spaced or single-spaced. You don’t want to go through the unpleasant task of ridding your paper of tens of thousands of words with just a limited time to submit your work.
- Save The Introduction For Last: If you don’t know this already, writing your dissertation paper’s introduction last helps you to neatly present your thesis statement without going off-topic. For this reason, always save it for the last.
- Let Apps Come To Your Rescue: In this age of improved technology, there are several apps out there that are designed to help students. Most of them are smartphone apps though and help you to create ‘virtual boards” where you get to pin your project’s outstanding ideas, tasks as well as deadlines. More so, you get to create a reliable checklist with some of these apps.
- Work With A Buddy: This writing buddy will act like a sort of support as you work on getting your dissertation completed. This can be a colleague, a good friend, a sibling or even your spouse or partner. In order for such person to be helpful, you should let him or her know about your goals so that he or she can help you reach them. Most importantly, you should completely be accountable to your writing buddy.
- Make Sure To Get Feedback: Although you submit and get feedback on each chapter written, it is important to get an overall feedback on a completed project. This way, you can be rest assured that the whole content of your dissertation is properly tied in.
Thesis Writing Guides
Dissertation writing help
Copyright (c) 2010-2017 HighNorthConference.com. Free of charge resource of dissertation writing help.